Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thoughts on books I've read recently #4





Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography (New Edition)  (Norton Critical Editions)  
I didn't realize that I had no idea who he really was until I read this book.  I didn't choose it, of course, I read it for my history class.  But you really think you know a person, and then...everything shatters.  While he was obsessed with morality and quite kind in not patenting any of his useful inventions, he was kind of a shitty husband.  He was gone for years at a time (his wife died while he was still out of the country) and was a total perv, even into his seventies.  While the actual writing could use some sprucing up, it's worth taking a look at.  It kind of makes me wish I had time to read about some other men our country holds on pedestals.



Now that the sun is shining and it's warmer outside, my ambition has returned.  I have spring break from school next week and I plan to get ahead on this blog.  Some things you can look forward to seeing include Remy, outfit posts...perhaps an outfit post of Remy, a little book review on Night Road by Kristin Hannah, and some new crafty stuff I've been working on.  Pinterest is my favorite way to avoid legitimate To Do lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment